Hello dear candidates in the MISS SL ♛ 2021 competition!
We’re very happy to begin the MISS SL ♛ 2021 competition with you now. For the first runway challenge we want to give you another opportunity to introduce yourself to the audience a bit more. Anna Wintour, the Editor-in Chief for the VOGUE Magazine, said in an interview “To be in the VOGUE has to mean something…” . And even to be on a VOGUE cover is for most, if not all, of the featured ladies the very highlight in their career. The popular and highly influential magazine, founded in 1892 with its headquarter in New York City has published a wide range of historic covers during the decades, i.e. Sophia Loren to be the first celebrity to be featured on the cover, Beverly Johnson to be the first black woman to be in the cover of the American Vogue, Hillary Clinton to be the first First Lady on the cover and just recently Kamala Harris to be the first female Vice President to be featured on the cover of the famed magazine.
For this first runway challenge we ask you to research for one VOGUE cover of the past you find inspirational for yourself and you think represents you, your style and mindset best. You should be able to associate yourself with the person on the cover and the fashion the model is wearing.
Read the details below please:
- Please research for VOGUE cover of the past and select one (1) cover you find inspirational for yourself. The inspiration can be drawn from the model or celebrity on the cover or the fashion the cover model is wearing.
- You are not limited to any year or international edition (Britain, France, Italy, Japan etc.) to choose a VOGUE cover from, but you cannot choose VOGUE covers from the year 2021.
- Please style an outfit inspired by the cover of your choice, inspired by the fashion seen on the cover and the model . Please refrain from copying the exact outfit but rather style an outfit yourself, inspired by the cover.
- Independent of the cover of your choice, the clothes in your styling should consist of at least two colors which are not black, white, gray or brown. You still may use black, white, gray or brown as colors in your outfit too, but you must have two additional colors then.
- Please refrain from wearing large hats,sunglasses or anything that covers your face and eyes.
- Please prepare a walking animation, a default pose and a pose set for about 40 – 60 seconds to present your styling.
- Please make sure that the walking animation, the default pose and the pose set are flawlessly as one unit (remember the workshop) and that no clipping- or alpha issues appear during your walk, poses and transitions.
STYLING CARD SUBMISSION
- You will receive a notecard containing the website link and password to the styling card submission form on Monday. Please keep this notecard in your inventory for the future challenges too.
- When you have received said notecard fill the styling card form at our website.
- In the description field of the styling card write about the cover you choose, the model or celebrity it shows and why you chose the cover, why it was inspirational for you and your styling.
- Please limit this description to 150 words max. Any longer description will get edited and shortened at our discretion.
- Please let us know if you’d like us to review your description (i.e. for grammar or spelling) before you submit it.
- Please fill the other required fields too. It is in your responsibility to list all custom or sponsored items, if you use any, in the according credits field.
- Please attach a raw shot of your styling to the styling card. A raw shot ideally is photographed with a neutral background and is unedited.
- Your styling card must be submitted and received by Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. SLT.
- You will receive a notecard with the walk order, VPC code and other instructions on the late evening of Thursday, February 18.
- Rehearsals for the first runway challenge are scheduled for Friday, February 19, at 10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. SLT.
- It is mandatory for every candidate to attend one of the both rehearsals, to be eligible to participate in the challenge. You can attend both rehearsals, too.
We hope you are going to enjoy this first runway challenge and are looking forward to seeing you on our stage.