Hello dear candidates in the MISS SL ♛ 2021 competition!
The history books largely give credits to men all over – kings, war heroes, philosophers, inventors, explorer. Little is told about the women who have shaped history too. Not limited to female rulers such as Queen Elizabeth I. or Catherine the Great, women had a much larger influence on our cultures today than they are credited for. As the month March annually is observed as “Women’s History Month” we’re paying tribute to women of history who have had an impact on our society. We’d like to learn from women whose names do or do not appear in our history books, who have challenged conventions and the rule of men, and left footprints in history.
Read the details below please:
- Please research for one (1) woman from the last 1000 years who did have a lasting impact on society at large or on the empowerment of women in particular. The woman can be from the country you are representing OR could have had an impact on the society, politics or culture of the country you are representing. You are not limited to choose a woman of the country you are representing but she should have had an impact on your country.
- You cannot choose a woman which is still alive.
- Please style an outfit inspired by the fashion of the era during the woman of your choice lived or is known for, i.e. through paintings or photographs.
- Please choose accessories which tell the story of the woman of your choice. Your styling should tell the story, please refrain from using attached props.
- Please refrain from covering your face and eyes with large hats or sunglasses. Your face and eyes should be visible.
- There’s no color limitation or requirement for this challenge.
- Please prepare a walking animation, a default pose and a pose set for about 40 – 60 seconds to present your styling.
- Please make sure that your accessories are well attached and do not interfere with your posing, i.e. defy gravity or break through your clothing.
STYLING CARD SUBMISSION
- Please write in your description about the woman of your choice and her achievement, her impact on the society, politics or culture of your country.
- Please make sure that your research is accurate.
- Please limit this description to 150 words max. Any longer description will get edited and shortened at our discretion.
- Please let us know if you’d like us to review your description (i.e. for grammar or spelling) before you submit it.
- Please fill the other required fields too. It is in your responsibility to list all custom or sponsored items, if you use any, in the according credits field.
- Please attach a raw shot of your styling to the styling card. A raw shot ideally is photographed with a neutral background and is unedited.
- Your styling card must be submitted and received by Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. SLT.
- You will receive a notecard with the walk order, VPC code and other instructions on the late evening of Thursday, March 4.
- Rehearsals for the second runway challenge are scheduled for Friday, March 5, at 10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. SLT.
- It is mandatory for every candidate to attend one of the both rehearsals, to be eligible to participate in the challenge. You can attend both rehearsals, too.
We hope you are going to enjoy this second runway challenge and are looking forward for seeing you on our runway and to learning about the women who shaped history.