(Photography: Courtesy of Del Core @ vogue.com)
Hello dear candidates in the MISS SL ♛ 2021 competition!
In our third runway challenge, the designer challenge, we are turning to a young designer who’s just had his runway debut in February in Milan, launching his brand, Daniel Del Core. In an interview with Tiziana Cardini from VOGUE he says:
[…] I’m inspired by the handwork of the humble but extremely skilled artisans I’m working with, as craft is of pivotal importance in what I create. Elevated construction is what my pieces are all about. And painstaking attention to detail—it’s about achieving couture levels. We do everything by hand in our atelier. […]
Women’s Wear Daily (wwd.com) write in their headlines :
Daniel Del Core’s much anticipated debut show didn’t disappoint, offering elegance, fun and eccentricity.
and continue to praise the 31 year old German born for the collection he showed at the only physically presented show during this season in Milan:
[…] The designer, […] showcased a multifaceted, well-executed collection. While it opened with some serious sartorial rigor, enriched with a sensual touch, the show offered a crescendo of fashion excitement, culminating in extravagant couture dresses, a rarity at Milan Fashion Week. […]
For this challenge we are asking you to review the collection, using the links below and to style an outfit inspired by the collection.
Read the details below please:
- Please see the following links to review Daniel Del Core’s “Zero” collection:
- Please style an outfit inspired by the collection, taking inspiration from one or more of the shown outfits in the collection. You can combine elements from different outfits of the collection in your outfit, if it makes sense for you.
- Your outfit should reflect features like fabrics, cuts, colors and accessories seen in the collection.
- Please refrain from covering your face and eyes with large hats, masks or sunglasses. Your face and eyes should be visible.
- Please use only colors seen in the collection above.
- Please prepare a walking animation, a default pose and a pose set for about 40 – 60 seconds to present your styling.
- Your pose set should contain a 360° turn. Please remember to do a quick turn (combine 3 or more poses to play as one) if there’s nothing to see at your back.
- The 360° turn is mandatory and subject for scoring.
- Please make sure that your accessories are well attached and do not interfere with your posing, i.e. defy gravity or break through your clothing.
STYLING CARD SUBMISSION
- Please write in your description in short about elements of Daniel Del Core’s collection which inspired you for your styling.
- Please limit this description to 100 words max. Any longer description will get edited and shortened at our discretion.
- Please let us know if you’d like us to review your description (i.e. for grammar or spelling) before you submit it.
- Please fill the other required fields too. It is in your responsibility to list all custom or sponsored items, if you use any, in the according credits field.
- Please attach a raw shot of your styling to the styling card. A raw shot ideally is photographed with a neutral background and is unedited.
- Your styling card must be submitted and received by Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. SLT.
- You will receive a notecard with the walk order, VPC code and other instructions on the late evening of Thursday, March 18.
- Rehearsals for the third runway challenge are scheduled for Friday, March 19, at 10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. SLT.
- It is mandatory for every candidate to attend one of the both rehearsals, to be eligible to participate in the challenge. You can attend both rehearsals, too.
We hope you are going to enjoy this third runway challenge and are looking forward for seeing you on our runway.