Photography by Hikaru Enimo-Lefevre (click for teleport)
Hello dear candidates in the MISS SL ♛ 2021 competition!
This year too we are going to have a challenge all about the NEO-Japan SL event, one of the most popular events the Second Life community enjoys this April for the 7th time. The NEO-Japan SL event’s management states on the event’s website:
NEO-Japan SL is for the bold, creative and individualistic style, that is more of a lifestyle. In essence, boundaries are tested with a clever combination of diverse elements. It is an evolved revolutionary statement, trendsetting with a strong international cultural influence.
The NEO-Japan SL event is a bi-annual event where you can find all kinds of modern and bold creations with the unique flavour of a remix of international cultures with a distinctive Japanese root — clothing, hairs, accessories, poses, …anything and everything that fits the fresh, quirky new lifestyle.It is a thematic shopping event of a modern and bold fusion of East and West, with a deep-rooted Japanese influence.
For the fourth runway challenge we are asking you to incorporate this statement by the NEO-Japan SL management in your styling and to show us, what the NEO-Japan SL event means to you. Please note that the NEO-Japan SL challenge in the MISS SL ♛ 2021 competition is sponsored by the NEO-Japan SL management and is subject for the first photo challenge, too. Information about the challenge sponsorship will get sent in the MISS SL pageant group, the photo challenge will get sent to you personally.
Read the details below please:
- Please style an outfit with items from the NEO-Japan SL event’s current round, inspired by the statement above and your own idea about what NEO-Japan SL means to you.
- The outfit must consist of at least one (1) clothing item which is an exclusive item at the NEO-Japan SL event’s current round.
- Hairs, tattoos, boots, makeup and other accessories are not considered clothes and will not be counted for the challenge, whereas i.e. a full body suit is considered as cloth and counts as a clothing item.
- You still can use hairs, tattoos, boots, makeup and other accessories from the event in addition to complete your styling, too.
- Your styling should consist of at least one color (1) which is not black, white, gray, or brown. You still can use these colors too but would need an additional color.
- Please prepare a walking animation, a default pose and a pose set for about 40 – 60 seconds to present your styling.
- Your pose set should contain a 360° turn. Please remember to do a quick turn (combine 3 or more poses to play as one) if there’s nothing to see at your back.
- The 360° turn is mandatory and subject for scoring.
- Please make sure that your accessories are well attached and do not interfere with your posing, i.e. defy gravity or break through your clothing.
STYLING CARD SUBMISSION
- Please write in your description in short how the NEO-Japan SL event inspires you and your conclusion of the management’s statement above.
- Please limit this description to 100 words max. Any longer description will get edited and shortened at our discretion.
- Please let us know if you’d like us to review your description (i.e. for grammar or spelling) before you submit it.
- Please list in the two items fields all items you have used in your styling, but separate the items from the NEO-Japan SL event from others.
- Please attach a raw shot of your styling to the styling card. A raw shot ideally is photographed with a neutral background and is unedited.
- Your styling card must be submitted and received by Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. SLT.
- You will receive a notecard with the walk order, VPC code and other instructions on the late evening of Thursday, April 8.
- Rehearsals for the fourth runway challenge are scheduled for Friday, April 9, at 10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. SLT.
- It is mandatory for every candidate to attend one of the both rehearsals, to be eligible to participate in the challenge. You can attend both rehearsals, too.
We hope you are going to enjoy this fourth runway challenge and are looking forward for seeing your styling ideas.