Hello dear candidates in the MISS SL ♛ 2021 competition!
Spring is for many the favorite season of the year. The months when the sun gives new energy to our flowers and trees and when birds are returning to their prefered breeding sites are the months when we gain new energies as well. Not only are we experiencing a literal explosion of colors in nature, it seems everything is going to be lighter and fresher, after the dark and cold winter months. So it does translate into fashion as well. While the fashion houses usually present us with muted colors for the winter collections, it’s the spring-/summer collections where the designers go wild with dazzling colors and light fabrics.
In our fifth runway challenge we are getting the Spring in person onto the runway, literally. Please read the details below:
- Please research for flowery couture and spring couture collections to style an outfit to embody Spring.
- Colors, fabrics, cuts, embroideries and accessoires need to convey the image of spring in your outfit.
- Flowers and animals, or other elements which are typical for the spring season can be elements in your outfit, there are no boundaries for your creativity.
- Due to the nature of the challenge, there are no color limitations or requirements for this challenge. It just needs to literally scream SPRING.
- Please do not cover your face with masks or full face makeup and avoid hats which cover your eyes.
- Please prepare a walking animation, a default pose and a pose set for about 40 – 60 seconds to present your styling.
- Your pose set should contain a 360° turn. Please remember to do a quick turn (combine 3 or more poses to play as one) if there’s nothing to see at your back.
- The 360° turn is mandatory and subject for scoring.
- Please make sure that your accessories are well attached and do not interfere with your posing, i.e. defy gravity or break through your clothing.
STYLING CARD SUBMISSION
- Please write in your description how your outfit is inspired by the spring season, which elements you have used to portray or embody the spring season, or generally what the spring season means for you.
- Please limit the description about your inspiration to 100 words max.
- If you include all necessary credits in your description by yourself, your whole description (inspiration and credits) may not be longer than 150 words.
- Any longer description will get edited and shortened at our discretion.
- Please let us know if you’d like us to review your description (i.e. for grammar or spelling) before you submit it.
- Please list in the two items fields all items you have used in your styling. It is your responsibility to list custom created- and sponsored items or items you created yourself in the according fields.
- Please attach a raw shot of your styling to the styling card. A raw shot ideally is photographed with a neutral background and is unedited.
- Your styling card must be submitted and received by Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. SLT.
- You will receive a notecard with the walk order, VPC code and other instructions on the late evening of Thursday, April 22.
- Rehearsals for the fifth runway challenge are scheduled for Friday, April 23, at 10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m. SLT.
- It is mandatory for every candidate to attend one of the both rehearsals, to be eligible to participate in the challenge. You can attend both rehearsals, too.
We hope you are going to enjoy the challenge and are looking forward to welcoming the Spring season onto our stage