- Please provide a brief explanation in your styling description of why you selected the particular fashion icon and photograph that you did. This should include an explanation of why you believe this woman was a fashion icon of her time, and what specific elements of her style and fashion sense inspired you in creating your outfit.
- Please limit your description to 150 words.
- Please ensure that you provide complete and accurate styling credits by filling out the appropriate fields in the styling card form.
- When submitting your styling card, please include an unedited photo of your outfit on a plain background. The photo should be a minimum of 512×512 pixels in size and should not be the same photo that you plan to submit for the photo challenge (see below).
- Your completed styling card must be submitted no later than 6 p.m. SLT on Thursday, March 30th.
THE PHOTO CHALLENGE
For the First Photo Challenge of the MISS SL ♛ 2023 competition, your unique outfit and its resemblance to the fashion icon’s photograph that inspired it will be evaluated alongside your overall styling and the quality of your photograph. To recreate the original photograph of the chosen fashion icon’s look as accurately as possible, please ensure that:
- Your background closely matches that of the original photo.
- The lighting conditions in your photo are as similar as possible to those in the original.
- You position yourself at the same angle and in the same pose as the fashion icon.
By paying attention to these details, you can create a stunning recreation that captures the essence of your chosen fashion icon and showcases your own unique style.
Please ensure that the photo you take is at least 2048×2048 pixels in size and that its aspect ratio closely matches that of the original photograph of your fashion icon.
While you are allowed to use Photoshop and other editing software to enhance your photo, please avoid over-processing it with unnecessary filters.
Please hold off on uploading your photo until you receive further instructions on Sunday, March 26th, 2023. Once you receive these instructions, please note that the deadline for submitting your photo is April 4th, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. SLT.
Please continue reading on the next page (2/4)