The MISS SL Organization mentorship program is designed to support pageant candidates during and after their participation in a competition by MISS SL Organization.
The mentors are voluntarily offering their knowledge and expertise to guide candidates through their journey in a competition. To meet the candidates’ needs better, the MISS SL Organization mentorship program consists of a pool of available mentors, which get assigned to candidates by factors like language, daytime availibility and experience.
Following points are important to know before applying for a mentorship.
- At this time we are only offering mentorship assignment to current MISS SL, MR SL or AVISTARS (including YOUNGSTAR and TWEENSTAR) candidates. Candidates have successfuly auditioned and have received a title assignment by the MISS SL Organization management.
- Candidates are assigned to mentors by the MISS SL Organization management. It is not possible for a candidate to choose or request mentorship from a particular mentor.
- Candidates understand that the mentorship program is a tool to support the candidates during their participation. Being mentored does not guarantee to win or to rank in top positions for a challenge or at the end of the competition.
- Candidates should cooperate with their mentors in every possible way. Failure to cooperate may result in the removal from the mentorship program.
- Candidates are requested to report issues with their assigned mentor to the MISS SL Organization management.
- Candidates are encouraged to additionally join the Model Mind group to receive further means of support for the participation in a competition.
Following points are important to know before signing up as mentor.
- Mentors are former finalists of the MISS SL, MR SL or AVISTARS (including YOUNGGSTAR and TWEENSTAR) pageants. Officially acknowledged Finalists have participated in the Grand Finale show of the respective competition.
- Mentors are assigned by the MISS SL Organization management. It is not allowed for a mentor to choose or request mentorship for particular candidates.
- Mentors should be able to meet their candidates at least once a week to be informed about a candidate’s status, issues and questions they may have.
- Mentors point directions only, they are not helping a candidate directly to realize a styling or pose perfomance. I.e. It is ok to suggest a hairstyle, but not to suggest a specific hair.
- Mentors ideally are able to accompany their candidates to some of the i.e. feedback sessions, workshops, rehearsals and meetings.
- Mentors are required to attend meetings with the MISS SL Organization management, to report feedback to help improving the mentorship program.
- Mentors are requested to report issues with their assigned candidate to the MISS SL Organization management.
- Mentors may not judge runway or photo challenges.
- Mentors may accompany a MISS SL or MR SL candidate for their interview, at the candidate’s discretion.
- Mentors may receive certain perks, i.e. special group tag, group notice permissions, VIP seating, access to otherwise closed events. These perks are at the discretion of the owner of the MISS SL Organization, Marcus Lefevre-Enimo, and can get assigned and removed at his discretion only.
If a candidate or mentor have any issues with their assigned mentor or candidate, they are able to report to the following trusted accounts: